Main functions of the PISA´s System
- Centralization of information;
- Cattle Identification and Registration of owners and farms;
- Individual Identification of each animal and registry of all farm movements and breeders;
- Control of animal movements;
- Collective management through the management of flocks;
- Chronological registry of all sanitary activity handled by the competent entities;
- Maintenance of the sanitary description of each animal farm;
- Registry and maintenance of all the Lab tests, as well as the respective results;
- Registry of all sanitary slaughters;
- Registry of all the post mortem tests (samples);
- Maintenance of the sanitary classification of each registered farms.
The Pisa.net system was adapted, in 2008, to the needs of the Regional Government of Azores, trough the DRDA – Regional Directorate of Rural Development.
The unique characteristics of information processing and sanitary issues in all Azorean islands forced adaptations in relation primarily to the issuance of reports, the methodologies used in calculating emission maps and data analysis.