PISA.net involves all portuguese partners interested in controlling Animal Health, including Government (or department responsible for a specific area), farm producer associations and respective Farms.
It includes the whole hierarchy of veterinary administrators, on-site veterinary surgeons and laboratories responsible for analysing animal samples collected.
PISA works online, from any PC connected to the central database, or offline, through a local database intelligently synchronized with the central database, which responds to the availability of a communication channel.
Field Solutions help the veterinary brigades at the Farms and connects via internet with central database.
Unlimited with regard to the growth of the database, controlled variables, organisations and users involved in the system.
Intelligent in validating data entered and its disclosure. Even with modest IT or telecommunications resources, the local database can be synchronised with the central database from any computer with PISA installed. This database may be used until a connection can be made.
Automatic Live Update that keeps PISA permanently updated with information and functionalities entered.
PISA.mobile is the most advanced field solution, available for netbook or laptop computers, thus facilitating direct on-site data entry. It is quicker, cancels out possible human failure and enables on-the-spot action of brigades for controlling animal health on farms.
Thus, the system is used and handled from different regional, national, continental or global points on the animal health control network, in offices or on-site. Users are situated in different geographic locations. The system's main objective is to register, process and supply all information entered and updated by each individual or authorised organism, in accordance with their duties and permission. This is all done using a central database.
PISA.net or National Animal Health Management System is utilized for managing and controlling animal health in veterinary field to ensure the quality of animal origin products for human consumption.
In 1990, the Ministry of Agriculture adopted PISA as the Official System for Animal Health Management in Portugal. The system was developed to assist the General Veterinary Directorate and all related government entities in managing and controlling animal health (thousands of animals and farms on a regional, national, continental or global scale) complying with the regulations for EU countries. PISA became a key tool for the management and control of animal health in Portugal. Information on the system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2x3AHnlqg
Content of the PISA system :
• veterinary data is registered, processed, entered and updated by each individual or authorised organism, in accordance with their duties and permission
• Users include the whole hierarchy of veterinary administrators, on-site veterinary surgeons and laboratories responsible for analysing animal samples collected
• combines data such as the identity, origin and transfer of animals with veterinary (sanitary) information as well as diagnostic and prophylactic measures applied and to be used in the future
• all animals of veterinary interest are included in a single, unlimited database, which covers decision-making and resource and capital management by entities responsible for animal health management in the country covered by the system
Features of the PISA system:
• easy to use interface, secure access and automatic updates
• works online (WEB or Desktop), from any PC connected to the central database, or offline, through a local database intelligently synchronized with the central database, which responds to the availability of a communication channel
• flexible system that can be adjusted to the requirements of each specific country, regardless of its dimensions.
• used and handled from different regional, national, continental or global points on the animal health control network, in
offices or on-site. Users are situated in different geographic locations.
• responds to all demands made by the European Community and international organisations belonging to the veterinary sector and complies with the good practices and objectives defined by the IEO – International Epizooty Organisation, that is, “to improve animal health and well-being worldwide regardless of the culture and economic situation of member-countries”.
The main functions of the PISA System are:
• Centralization of information.
• Cattle Identification and Registration of owners and farms.
• Individual Identification of each animal and registry of all farm movements and breeders.
• Control of animal movements
• Collective management through the management of flocks
• Chronological registry of all sanitary activity handled by the competent entities.
• Maintenance of the sanitary description of each farm.
• Registry and maintenance of all the Lab tests, as well as the respective results.
• Registry of all sanitary slaughters.
• Registry of all the post mortem tests (samples)
• Maintenance of the sanitary classification of each registered farms.
• Requirement analysis and specification
• Architecture design
• Prototype construction
• Software development, management and maintenance
• Technical assistance to the General Veterinary Directorate
• Introduction of WEB Services to the system,
• New data synchronization system between central database and client computers;
• Adaptation Core System to allow mobile device usage;
• Functional modifications to reflect new national and EU regulations, strategies and policies;
• Introduction of mobile RFID and barcode readers;
• Adaptation of system’s laboratory module according to ISO 17025;
Continuous evolution of the system according to customer’s requirements.
This project was entirely developed by Digidelta Software and its permanent staff for the whole duration of the assignment.
• Carlos Neves
• Rita Guerreiro
• Artur Gomes
• Joel Silva
• Brigite Pedro